Sunday, March 17, 2013

Knit, Purl

So, my friends are having a baby. Naturally I thought, I HAVE to make a baby sweater. I figured it would be a satisfying project because it was tiny, so it would work up fast, and it has to be cute because it is tiny. I used this adorable owl yoke pattern by Abby Belnap. I was not disappointed. This sweater took me 2 weeks, working on it only after work for a little bit at night watching Sabrina the Teenage Witch episodes.


It was expecially fun to work with the cable needle and make the tiny owls. I have a few things in que, but more cables are definitely on the list because they are fun to do. The only thing I struggled with here was the picking up of stitches for the button bands and actually rationing out where the button holes would go. That was a little hard for me. BUT it still turned out adorable, and part of me thinks it is because of the fact that it is for a 3 - 6 month old. That is ok, I am working on the Agatha cardigan right now, and I am pretty confident that there are button holes in my near future so that I have more practice.

In sewing news, I have been wanting to pull out my sewing machine, but have been so lazy about it. It is really nice to kick up my feet and pull out the knitting needles, but not so comfy to drag out the sewing machine, thread it, and sew up what I have half started/cut out/etc. Right now I have a really cute dress with cowboys on it that needs finished, I only have the lining to go, and a cute dress in fall colors, that is cut out and cluttering up my bedroom. I am thinking about sewing today, we will see where the day takes me.

No comments: